Sunday, June 24, 2012

Baby "Shower"

I finally can post pictures from Laura's baby shower!!! I knew if I posted them before the shower she would be nosey and look at them all :) The theme of the shower was "shower" so Candace, Olivia, and I thought it would be super cute to use umbrellas, rain, and rain boots as decor. I made two ruffled umbrellas to use as center pieces. We used them on the dessert table and on the food table. Here are a couple pics :)




As I'm sure you can tell, we used pink, green, and orange for the colors. Laura loves pink and green, so of course we had to use that! I like orange and thought it would help for an accent! I made one of the umbrellas in pink and green and one in white, orange, and pink. I get a lot of ideas and want to do them all, and of course Pinterest doesn't help, lol. I realllllly wanted to do a color themed candy table, but shew, candy is super expensive! So we did it on a smaller scale. We had rock candy, m&ms, jelly bellies, swirly pops, candy melts, butter mints, and AWESOME cake balls made by Rachy :) 


The cake was ADORABLE! My sister ordered it from Confused Confections in Lexington. They did an awesome job, especially because there was a little "confusion" and when she showed up to pick the up the cake, they didn't have one.... eeeeeeek. Candace knows that I like things to be perfect. She had taken Chase with her to get the cake and the two of them decided not to tell me that the cake wasn't ready. Instead when she got to my apartment she said "the cake wasn't finished, I have to pick it up at two." At two, she went and got the cake that they made in 2 HOURS wowwww, then brought it home and filled me in on the "confusion." I'm totally not hating on the name, but it was super ironic! I definitely was happy that I didn't know this, I would have been pretty bummed. Luckily the cake was adorable and got soooo many compliments! Just look at this cute thing!


I always feel like guests need to leave with a little somethin' somethin', so I recruited my sister to help me make a set of coasters for each girl along with umbrella boxes filled with m&ms. Candace was a huge help doing this, but I learned quickly she's not the best cutter :) That's okay though, our joint effort on the coasters and boxes was a success. Don't ya think?

Everything was so much fun! Like I've said before, I realllly wish I could plan parties for a living.... it's my calling ;) Now, for all you looking for a tutorial on the umbrellas, coasters, and umbrella boxes.... that will be in the next post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment