Sunday, June 17, 2012

Going to the chapel

I wasn't sure in my last post if I was allowed to mention the engagement of my sister and her long time bf Amit. She was busy trying to tell everyone before it went Facebook official for all the strangers to see. Luckily, she have me the okay :) I promised her almost two years ago that I would make her an apron and since the wedding news I decided it would be a nice little gift. It was my first time making anything real with my sewing machine so I was definitely skeptical! It took me all morning to cut out the pattern and material. I visited Hancock fabrics 3 times in one day due to my lack of knowledge on what materials I actually needed. Not so much fun :/ I spent basically the entire day working to finish the apron, and although it's not perfect, I definitely think it's not too shabby for a first timer :)

After completing the apron I really wanted to do something else. I decided I'd see if I could make a little outfit for baby Harper. I really wanted to make a ruffled diaper cover because they are just too too cute! Then I realized it needed a matching top and headband, so I did that too.

It obviously was a long weekend of crafting followed by a really long clean up/organization session (totally not fun)

The best part of the weekend, though, was having my boyfriend Chase ask me if I could make him a quilt with both our high school t-shirts. It's little, but it meant a lot! He's super enthusiastic when I complete projects and it makes me feel so good :) I love it, and him of course!

Here a couple views of the first of many projects on my machine! You all can be the judge :)

2 comments:

  1. cutest things ever!!! I want to see the tshirt blanket!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheesh, I didn't know that my apron took 3 visits to Hancock's! I must be loved...and it was totally worth it! Just perrrrfect!!! :)

    ReplyDelete