Monday, June 25, 2012

Super easy DIY coasters :)

Alright so here is the quick and easy tutorial for coasters! Oh, and I forgot to mention CHEAP!! For these coasters I used cork, scrapbook paper, and Modge Podge!

I got really lucky and found a set of four cork place mats at IKEA for $5. Out of these place mats I was able to cut 40 coasters. I'm sure the amount varies depending on the size and shape you want. I just want square coasters with rounded edges. Another option is to use tiles which you can find at Lowe's or Home Depot for 16 cents a tile. If you go this route you will need to put something on the bottom of the tile to keep the tile from scratching your table. I would recommend felt!

After cutting the desired amount of coasters, choose your favorite scrapbook pages. Again, I lucked out because Michael's was having a sale 6 sheets for $1 :) awesome opossum! You have all the creative freedom in the world with these coasters! Use as many designs as you want! You can even personalize them, I used scrapbook letters to put the first initial of each girl on a set of coasters. I mean, what girl doesn't love that?!?

Once you've decided on your design, simply use a layer of Modge Podge to paste the scrapbook paper on the corn or tile.

To make sure your coasters have a finished look, brush the Modge Podge over the top of the paper giving that glossy look. And voila, there you have it! Cutest little coasters ever! Talk about a cheap and easy gift that everyone is sure to love :)

No comments:

Post a Comment